We recently made a list of all the different services we provide to our clients, which is provided below. It dawned on me that many of our clients may not be aware of all that we offer.
One of the most important things we do for you doesn’t really fit on the list, which is helping you avoid the big mistakes.
I’m not sure that really counts as a service, but for many investors financial success is not a result of exceptional decisions. Instead, it is the result of never making big mistakes.
As former University of South Carolina football coach Lou Holtz once said, “You don’t need the big plays to win; you just have to eliminate the dumb ones.”
Bottom Line: Click “Continue Reading” below to view our list of services and know that we are here to help you with any major or minor financial decision.
What A Professional Financial Advisor Does For You
Included Advisory Services
1. Cares more about you and your money than anyone who doesn’t share your last name.
2. Guides you to think about areas of your financial life you may not have considered.
3. Formalizes your goals and puts them in writing.
4. Helps you prioritize your financial opportunities.
5. Helps you determine realistic goals.
6. Studies possible alternatives that could meet your goals.
7. Prepares a financial plan, an investment policy statement and or retirement income policy for you.
8. Reviews your children’s custodial accounts and 529 plans.
9. Helps you determine your IRA Required Minimum Distribution.
10. Provides reminders about key financial planning data.
11. Prepares an asset allocation for you so you can achieve the best rate of return for a given level of risk tolerance.
12. Stays up to date on changes in the investment world.
13. Monitors your investments.
14. Reviews your existing IRAs.
15. Suggests alternatives to increase your income during retirement.
16. Records and researches your cost basis on securities.
17. Provides you with unbiased investment opinions.
18. Provides you with personal investment analysis.
19. Determines the risk level of your existing portfolio.
20. Helps you consolidate and simplify your investments.
21. Provides you with technical, fundamental and quantitative investment analysis.
22. Shows you how to access your statements and other information online.
23. Suggests alternatives to lower your taxes during retirement.
24. Stays up to date on tax law changes.
25. Repositions investments to take full advantage of tax law provisions.
26. Monitors changes in your life and family situation.
27. Proactively keeps in touch with you.
28. Serves as a human glossary of financial terms such as beta, P/E Ratio and Sharpe Ratio.
29. Shares the experiences of hundreds of clients who have faced similar circumstances.
30. Helps with the continuity of your family’s financial plan through generations.
31. Facilitates the transfer of investments from individual names to trust or from an owner to beneficiaries.
32. Keeps you on track.
33. Identifies your savings shortfalls.
34. Is a wise sounding board for ideas you are considering.
35. Is honest with you.
Additional Services We Offer:
1. Suggest creative alternatives that you might not have considered (i.e. the best way to claim Social Security).
2. Review and recommend life insurance policies to protect your family.
3. Assist you with setting up a company retirement plan.
4. Assist in preparing an estate plan for you.
5. Review your tax returns to identify potential savings.
6. Work with your tax and legal professionals to help you meet your financial goals or provide referrals upon request.
7. Refer you to banking establishments for loan and trust alternatives.
From the desk of Kris CarrollCollege Planning, Estate Planning, Financial Literacy, Life Insurance, Major Purchases, Retirement Income, Risk