Date: May 6, 2019
Carroll Financial’s Adaptive Wealth Strategies U.S. Factor Index Behind Recent ETF Award Winner
Global X’s AUSF Named New ETF of the Year
Adaptive Wealth Strategies®, a division of Carroll Financial Associates, Inc. in Charlotte, NC, is pleased to announce that their Adaptive U.S. Factor Index is behind a recent ETF award winner. The Global X Adaptive U.S. Factor ETF (NYSE: AUSF) was recently awarded New ETF of the Year by Fund Intelligence at the annual Mutual Fund Industry & ETF Award Ceremony.
As the index provider behind the strategy, Adaptive Wealth Strategies® and Carroll Financial are honored to share the news of Global X’s success in receiving this award.
The Mutual Fund Industry and ETF Awards, now in their 26th year, took place in New York City on April 11, where over 450 guests gathered to recognize and reward the top achieving firms and individuals across the sector.
Global X Funds, the New York-based provider of exchange-traded funds (ETFs), launched the Global X Adaptive U.S. Factor ETF (NYSE: AUSF) in 2018. AUSF tracks Carroll Financial’s Adaptive Wealth Strategies U.S. Factor Index and seeks to outperform traditional cap-weighted indexes by using a dynamic multi-factor investment strategy that allocates across three factors: minimum volatility, value, and momentum.
BUILT FOR ADVISORS, BY ADVISORS.
Low cost, tax-efficient, and alpha-generating strategies built for your clients.
The index adjusts its factor exposures on a quarterly basis based on a mean-reversion methodology that seeks to access underperforming factors. At any given time, the index accesses two factors, equally weighted, or all three factors with a weighting of 40% / 40% / 20%, underweight or eliminating the most recent outperforming factor to protect against potential downside and manage risk more effectively.
ABOUT CARROLL FINANCIAL
Carroll Financial is one of the Charlotte region’s oldest and largest independent, comprehensive financial planning and wealth management firms. The firm was founded in 1980 by Larry W. Carroll, CFP® with the simple approach, “The best interest of the client is the only interest that matters.” Carroll Financial’s advisors offer many years of experience and provide customized financial planning to their clients.
For more information about the Adaptive Wealth Strategies U.S. Factor Index and Carroll Financial visit:
4201 Congress Street, Suite 210, Charlotte, NC 28209
- Adaptive Wealth Strategies (AWS) is a department of Carroll Financial Associates, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor. Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. Carroll Financial and AWS are not affiliated with any other named party. Global X Management Company LLC is not affiliated with AWS or Carroll Financial Associates, Inc.
- The ETF of the Year award is given to the most successful ETF, as determined by a panel of industry professionals, who evaluate a combination of several elements, such as flows, performance, innovation and fund objectives. ETFs launched on or after Jan. 1, 2018 are eligible for entry.
- Recognition from rating services or publications is no guarantee of future investment success. Working with a highly rated advisor does not ensure that a client or prospective client will experience a higher level of performance or results. These ratings should not be construed as an endorsement of the advisor by any client nor are they representative of any one client’s evaluations.
- Investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal. There is no guarantee that the Fund will achieve a high degree of correlation to the Underlying Index and therefore achieve its investment objective. Market disruptions and regulatory restrictions could have an adverse effect on the Fund’s ability to adjust its exposure to the required levels in order to track the Underlying Index. Indices are unmanaged and do not include the effect of fees, expenses or sales charges. One cannot invest directly in an index. Performance of companies in the financial sector may be adversely impacted by many factors, including, among others, government regulations, economic conditions, credit rating downgrades, changes in interest rates, and decreased liquidity in credit markets. AUSF is non-diversified. The performance of any index is not indicative of the performance of any investment and does not take into account the effects of inflation and the fees and expenses associated with investing. Past performance is not an indication or guarantee of future results.
- Shares of ETFs are bought and sold at market price (not NAV) and are not individually redeemed from the Fund. Brokerage commissions will reduce returns. Global X NAVs are calculated using prices as of 4:00 PM Eastern Time. The closing price is the Mid-Point between the Bid and Ask price as of the close of exchange. Closing price returns do not represent the returns you would receive if you traded shares at other times.
- Since the Fund’s shares typically do not trade in the secondary market until several days after the Fund’s inception, for the period from inception to the first day of secondary market trading in Shares, the NAV of the Fund is used to calculate market returns.
- The information provided herein is not a recommendation or solicitation to buy or sell an investment product.
- Carefully consider the Fund’s investment objectives, risks, and charges and expenses before investing. This and other information can be found in the Fund’s summary or full prospectuses. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
- Global X Management Company LLC serves as an advisor to Global X Funds. The Funds are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO), which is not affiliated with Global X Management Company LLC. Global X Funds are not sponsored, endorsed, issued, sold or promoted by AWS, nor does AWS make any representations regarding the advisability of investing in the Global X Funds. Neither SIDCO nor Global X is affiliated with AWS.